Thursday 19 September 2013

FACE to FACE plus ONLINE Selling   ...   


I owned and operated a successful direct selling Jewellery Business in Melbourne for 13 years in the 1980’s and 1990’s (Jewellery Design & Import). I did not have a mobile phone, or a computer, the internet was only a concept, I had NOTHING in those days except a Vision, me and the jewels! I also had a pager on my hip and my customers rang a paging service who then paged me (beep, beep, beep) and I had to find the nearest phone box to call the customer. True!After a 15 year break, I re-launched the business on the Gold Coast as so many customers from my previous business in Melbourne came looking for me (mostly on Facebook) to buy more jewellery – 15 years later, that is wonderful and that sure is saying some-thing about my service.

FACE TO FACE

So, what can I say after launching a professional website and selling online for the past 9 months?
The vast majority of my Sales still do happen face to face. There are numerous local advertising sites where I present my jewellery to the public, they come to my showroom, see the jewellery, pick it up, hold it, admire it, touch it, adorn themselves with it, and purchase a stunning piece for themselves or for that Special some-one else they know will Love that piece. 




What I have learnt? 

The Customer Service I can provide being with some-one face to face is Priceless …
My Love & Passion for what I do, the beautiful creations I personally ‘dream’ and design, the genuine excitement I feel when presenting the Jewels to them and the knowledge and expertise I freely share with them about their Precious Metal, Gemstone & Swarovski Crystal jewellery purchases is so rewarding.They leave knowing, with all my Heart that I am Grateful for their patronage.
There are also the home based business sellers, market sellers, jewellery makers, party plan operators that come here to the Showroom to buy Jewellers Supplies and they leave here feeling supported, learning some-thing new, acquiring some-thing beautiful & unique and most importantly, they leave here happy and uplifted by the interaction.

                                          FRIENDLY CASUAL ENVIRONMENT

An online website has its positives too. It provides me with credibility and expresses my enthusiasm for the eclectic business Beloved Treasures. I am able to reach people internationally and nationally, in the comfort of their homes customers can shop online and make their purchase using a Credit Card or PayPal which offers buyer protection, and Direct Deposit is also an option. 

I attempt to recreate across cyberspace, the same Customer Service I provide to those in my presence, by having a well organised website so it is easy for customers to navigate around, quality photographs, detailed descriptions of the items including size weight material etc, educational & interesting informative articles and I am only a phone call away & very happy to spend the time with them to answer any of their questions. 
I post within 24 hours of receiving cleared funds, and always follow up to make sure they have received their jewels and I openly welcome their feedback. 
We must ‘go back to the people’. 
We must put ourselves in their shoes and feel what they feel.
For me they are not nameless faces behind keyboards some-where else on this planet, they are souls who deserve to have the best experience when dealing with Beloved Treasures. It is my desire for customers to enjoy the shopping experience, to leave the keyboard happy with their purchase, to be excited and looking forward to the parcel arriving, to feel elation when they see the beautiful unique innovative Real creation for the first time and for them to feel like a million bucks when they adorn themselves with the jewels. Reading the customer feedback on Beloved Treasures website speaks for itself.
It’s all about the people, it’s all about a win win positive experience for all, it’s all about old fashioned Customer Service in a casual friendly environment; and it’s as simple as that!


No comments:

Post a Comment